15 Jan SHIPPING CLERK
Blue Chip Group is looking for a Shipping Clerk to help our rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate will oversee and keep records of all shipping and receiving. He/ she will be responsible for organizing, sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another as well as monitor packages from the start to finish ensuring proper packing techniques and shipping practices. The shipping clerk will update inventory records and compile weekly or monthly reports for management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all shipments receive the proper labeling and postal charges and are packaged to arrive safely.
- Keep management and supervisors aware of product shortages in order to maintain accurate inventory.
- Organize stock and merchandise with-in the warehouse by properly boxing and storing goods in their designated location.
- Practice good customer service when interacting with other companies and clients and see to it all external parties receive a positive interaction.
- Verify all outgoing shipments to be accurate by comparing the order and ensuring all information is accurate.
- Accurately package, label, and weigh items to be shipped and ensure proper shipment method and shipping charges.
- Prepare detailed and accurate invoices to accompany shipments and ensure all items are packaged and shipped to company standards.
- Work with other shipping clerks to see that all invoices are handled promptly, and goods are shipped and stored properly.Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing.
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Excel and other company spreadsheet programs.
- Interpersonal skills are essential, as working as a team is vital to maintaining an organized warehouse.
- Experience using a forklift and professional forklift certification is strongly preferred.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance.
- Personal accountability and integrity are paramount, as a shipping clerk is tasked with an accurate accounting of all inventory.
- Relevant customer service experience is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year logistics, Food manufacturing or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification
- Familiar with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred