19 Mar QUALITY LAB TECHNICIAN
Our food manufacturing company needs a Quality Lab Technician to operate under the supervision of the Director of Quality. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition and to identify any health or quality control issues that need to be corrected. He or she will also participate in the R&D aspects of the job, including sample preparation, food production startups and plant line trials. The Quality Tech will be involved with the collection of data and interpretation as well as the storage and retrieval of samples in a laboratory setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples.
- Document results and analyze data.
- Communicate with production personnel and Quality Managers.
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management.
- Assist with testing and calibrating lab equipment in preparation for specific tasks.
- Follow policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Adhere to safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Work with third party labs
- Schedule raw and finish good testing.
- Release raw & finished product based on test results.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical training in document control
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Laboratory experience in food manufacturing environment
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- Quality Analysis
- Safety regulations and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Sound time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well with various departments in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Constant exposure to allergens such as milk, eggs, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans
- Constant operation of a computer and other office machinery such as calculator, copy machine, etc Must be able to remain in a stationary position over 50% of the time