15 Apr NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Blue Chip Group is a leading company in the Food and Beverage industry, offering a wide range of entrees, snacks and beverages with the nationally recognized brand, Augason Farms. Blue Chip Group is looking for an experienced National Sales Manager to join our growing company and help us partner with retailers to deliver the company mission of helping families and communities achieve greater self-reliance through Preparedness. Blue Chip Group also has the capability for Contract Manufacturing for Retailer Private Brands and other Industry Brand partners in both Food and Beverage. Objective/Goal: Maximize revenue, margin, and working relationship in current customer base, and identify and pursue new business objectives as it aligns to the corporate strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell to and manage Walmart and Sam’s Club customer accounts
- Ensure the implementation of sales plans to meet goals.
- Understand and ensure the needs of first the customer and end consumer are satisfied.
- Maximize all sales and growth opportunities as it relates to the accounts assigned.
- Pursue new business opportunities outside of existing account management.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Walmart and Sam’s Club, including but not limited to yearly reviews with buying teams.
- Grow and support accounts to maximize sales opportunity
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals mutually set with Director of Sales
- Identify short- and long-term growth opportunities within existing and new categories.
- Maintain an on-going monthly promotional calendar and business plan.
- Propose monthly promotions and sales programs to customers to increase incremental sales
- Expand the product/brand portfolio in existing channels.
- Maximize store/ecommerce growth opportunities in existing channels.
- Support the Sales Team on special projects/initiatives that arise (i.e.: Trade Shows).
- Conduct account reviews with the VP of Sales and Marketing and/or Director of Sales to evaluate customer’s needs, assess the health of an account, and review/set goals.
- Follow up on all customer requests, needs, issues as they arise.
- On-going review of revenue and P&L by account, optimizing margin and revenue potential.
- Pursue new business that supports company strategy, including Retailer Private Brands opportunities.
- Provide on-going forecasting on revenue, new items and promotions.
- Conduct competitive analysis of accounts.
- Review and audit account assortment to maximize opportunities.
- Strong Business Development, Account Manager and relationship building experience.
- 5+ years sales experience, specifically working in Food & Beverage calling on Walmart and Sam’s Club.
- Experience managing order process and execution of merchandising and promotional activities.
- Independent and self-driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Drive products
- Will remain in a stationary sitting position over 75% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machines such as calculator, copy machine, computer and printer Occasionally must be able to lift up to 50 lbs