27 Aug Freight Coordinator
The Freight Coordinator selects the lowest-cost preferred carrier and coordinates the pick-up, delivery, and receipt of inbound freight. The ideal candidate communicates and updates expected delivery dates, investigates missed deliveries and analyzes root causes, recommends corrective actions as required, and validates freight invoices for cost and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Request quotes for required inbound freight shipments, and select lowest freight quote that meets freight and delivery requirements
- Work with Purchasing, Scheduling, and Receiving to coordinate timely receipt of materials to meet required production timing and customer ship dates
- Communicate with carriers and arrange pickup and delivery schedules for inbound freight
- Track scheduled freight shipments and update arrival date. Follow up with suppliers and shippers to expedite late deliveries as needed
- Communicate changes in delivery dates to Purchasing, Scheduling, and Receiving and take action as required to meet scheduled production
- Review daily receiving schedules to ensure timely arrival and accuracy of receipts
- Review freight invoices and validates inbound freight invoices match freight quotes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a wide variety of variables.
- Able to multi-task on a regular basis and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office.
- Experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment, especially with inventory-related modules in ERP.
- High school diploma with at least 3 years related work experience.
- Prior experience in logistics, shipping, receiving, distribution and/or freight transportation preferred