11 Feb DIRECTOR OF QUALITY
To ensure that the necessary programs and procedures for quality and safety are implemented and companywide compliance to the quality and safety programs implemented and agreed upon. This position has direct responsibility to ensure that competent individuals are in key positions to ensure the quality, safety, and legality of the products produced by Blue Chip Group. Provide process, manufacturing, and industrial engineering support to the operations team. This position has direct responsibility to assist in the evaluation of all production processes, equipment, and building structure as it relates to the quality, safety, and legality of food production. Ensure that the necessary sanitation programs, procedures, and team are in place to allow for quality, safe, and legal food production in a sanitary environment. This position will fill in for the Quality Supervisor, Sanitation Supervisor, and other Quality positions as necessary until the position is filled or personnel return.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all work activities of indirect reports are performed with attention to the highest standards of food quality, safe processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Work with management to ensure that the focus on Safe, Quality, Food is maintained.
- Main contact for external certifying bodies when Quality Supervisor is not available.
- Ensure that the proper resources are in place to implement and maintain SQF and NSF systems.
- Ensure that the proper reporting structure is in place.
- Oversee the quality systems and implementations of all quality systems related to food safety.
- Monitor the implementation of sound quality assurance programs that meet company and regulatory standards for safety, quality, and consumer acceptance.
- Ensure that the plant is current on all requirements and legislation for food safety, legality, and quality.
- Monitor the implementation of a comprehensive HACCP/HARPC program in the plant.
- Reviews the results of auditing
- Review the results of product recall and tracking
- Assists in the formulation of product through packaging validation.
- Fills in for the quality supervisor and the quality technician duties when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in food science, engineering, chemistry, business, or related discipline required.
- Certified in HACCP and Food Safety; SQF and PCQI preferred
- 5-10 years progressive experience in food safety and food industry quality programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
- Food industry experience.
- 1-year progressive responsibilities in food production, sanitation, or food safety preferred.
- 3-4 years’ experience in safety
- Project Management – Ensure resources are assigned to Quality, Safety, and Operation programs
- Risk Management – Ensure internal audits and 3rd party audits risks are mitigated.
- Analysis – Review resources and effectiveness of programs and people
- Fact-based Decision Analysis – data and fact-based decision-making process a must
- Continuous Process Improvement – quality and process driven every day.
- Business Performance Measurement – Ensure that the Quality, Safety, and Operations programs run efficiently and meet business objectives
- Experience with 21 CFR 110, 111, and 117 compliance and implementation
- Cutting edge food processing techniques
- Process improvement techniques
- Food production regulation knowledge
- Project leadership
- Team leadership and development
- Resource evaluation
- Objective reviews
- Written and Oral Communication – strong
- Business Relationships – communicate both professionally and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Personal Computer Skills – proficient with a personal computer and selected software applications including Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 20-30% of the time.
- Ability to work in an environment with dust, noise, and chemicals.
- Ability to walk around the plant 50-60% of the time.